The American Legislative Exchange Council, or “ALEC”, was “…organized to reduce state governments to nothing more than entities to promote business through tax breaks and to eliminate worker protection through reduction or elimination of unemployment, workers comp, public employee unions, Medicaid, etc..”
Basically, if there are more people than there are jobs, no unemployment protections, no unions, etc.; then businesses can and will be able to take the greatest advantage of working people – low pay, long hours, no benefits – an maximize corporate profits.
Gutting public education is a major part of this effort, as education costs money and produces a citizenry that will notice when they’re being used and abused. Ignorant folks are far easier to exploit….
Sooner or later, those who own things must be forced to understand that they have NOTHING without those who DO things (a.k.a. the employees) and BUY things (a.k.a. most everyone).
We have the power to combat corporate bullyhood via our choices at the cash register.
The following is a list of the ALEC “Private Enterprise Board:”
- W. Preston Baldwin – Centerpoint360
- Sano Blocker – Energy Future Holdings
- Don Bohn – Johnson & Johnson
- Jeff Bond – PhRMA
- Bill Carmichael – American Bail Coalition
- Derek Crawford – Kraft Foods, Inc.
- John Del Giorno – GlaxoSmithKline
- Matt Echols – Coca Cola
- Jim Epperson, Jr. – AT&T Services, Inc.
- Michael Hubbert – Pfizer, Inc.
- Teresa Jennings – Reed Elsevier, Inc.
- Ken Lane – DIAGEO
- Kelly Mader – Peabody Energy
- Bernie McKay – Intuit
- Mike Morgan – Koch Industries
- Kevin Murphy – ExxonMobil Corp.
- Sandra Oliver – Bayer Corporation
- David Powers – Reynolds American Inc.
- Maggie Sans – Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Russell Smoldon – Salt River Project
- Toby Spangler – Altria Client Services, Inc.
- Roland Spies – State Farm Insurance Co.
- Pat Thomas – United Parcel Service
Remember, your dollar is your vote. Spend wisely. Those who support ALEC need to hear from people who can no longer support THEM. Check back here soon for contact information for each of these individuals and their companies.